ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Complies with established policies and procedures.
- Responsible for all appointment, rescheduling, working RS 007 in a timely manner.
- Keeps current on billing procedures, coding changes, and address changes.
- Calls patients for reminder of appointments.
- Keeps patient medical records up to date.
- Refers patients to physicians for medical and special services.
- Knowledge of screening periodicity.
- Participates in community Care and KidMed Survey. Knowledge of survey procedures.
- Responds promptly to patient needs; solicits patient feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative task correctly and on time; supports organizational goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities.
- Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; makes timely decisions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Training: Must be a Registered Nurse in the State of Louisiana. CPR certified.
Work Experience: Pediatric experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Capable of adapting to a changing-fast paced environment
- Must be able to work independently as well as function as a team member
- Must be able to handle a high stress environment
- Must show good reasoning ability
- Demonstrates good judgement
Physical Requirements: This positions requires lifting and transferring patients and equipment. Must be able to withstand 8-12 hours or more of standing, walking, stooping, bending, and sitting. Manual dexterity, good eye-hand coordination and adequate vision required in daily work. Must be able to hear well enough to assess blood pressure and communicate with patients.
OSHA EXPOSURE CATEGORY: A Has exposure to blood borne pathogen.