Full Time Day Shift – LPN position on the Med/Surge floor.
- Participates in planning, implementing, and evaluation individual patient care. Listens to report. Understands assignments. Acts as Charge Nurse when necessary. Under supervision of RN. Understands the duties of Charge Nurse.
- Administers medications and treatments as prescribed. Checks medication/treatment cards with kardex/chart. Utilizes 5 R’s. Records medicine/treatment on charts using proper procedures. Observes and records patient reactions. Writes legibly. Is familiar with actions of drugs administered. Counts narcotics each shift 100% of the time. Reports errors promptly. Questions inconsistencies. Applies proper techniques (aseptic, isolation, sterile).
- Physician rounds. Assists with dressings. Records verbal orders and instructions. Ascertains physician’s expectations. Shares information.
- Administers IV therapy. Assists RN in monitoring blood. Follows strict procedures for identification 100% of time. If certified, may administer IVPB solutions, hang IVPBs, and perform Venipuncture. (see Policy)
- Admits patient’s, assembles charts, makes assessments, collects data.
- Patient personal care. Provides comfort and safety. Assists with meals, gives A.M. and P.M. care, shampoo, and personal hygiene. Ambulates patients, gives exercise and massages.
- Collects specimens as ordered. Sputum, stool, urine or vomitus for exam by lab, physician or charge nurse. Always labels properly.
- Keeps intake and output; takes vital signs; checks level of consciousness. Measures and charts with 100% accuracy. Monitors patients’ condition. Observes for color and condition of skin. Notes bleeding, post operative changes. Reports significant symptoms and changes.
- Discharge patients’ disassembles charts; performs needed functions. Gives that patient prescriptions or instructions. Has patient verbalize appointment. Completes discharge summary and signs 100% of time.
- Maintains equipment. Checks equipment for malfunctions. Reports to supervisor. Performs cleaning duties as necessary.