|Title||Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) – PRN|
The occupational therapy assistant is responsible for occupational therapy treatment plans set forth under the direction of the occupational therapist.
As an integral part of our community, Franklin Medical Center’s mission is to provide the highest quality health care and customer satisfaction to all those we serve. We are committed to delivering compassionate, capable, and personalized treatment to our patients and their families, always keeping in mind that our responsibility is to the health needs of the people.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Provides occupational therapy treatments according to the occupational therapists’ treatment plan.
2. Communicates with supervisor other health care interdisciplinary team members regarding patient progress, problems and/or plans.
3. Promptly and thoroughly document and maintain clinical and administrative records regarding patient limitations/interventions, treatments, responses, and progress to administered therapy.
4. Maintain patient confidentiality, with records and treatment sessions.
5. Completes daily notes and charges in an accurate and timely manner.
6. Complies with all federal and state codes and regulations.
7. Maintain a professional appearance and personal conduct at all times.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
This job requires frequent lifting and carrying items up to 25 pounds unassisted, including assisting patients when required. It also requires frequent bending, reaching, repetitive hand movements, standing, walking, squatting, and sitting, as well as some heavy lifting, pushing and pulling exerted regularly throughout a regular work shift. This job may require exposure to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, medicinal preparations, and other conditions common to a hospital environment.
OSHA EXPOSURE CATEGORY A:
Has exposure to blood borne pathogens.