This is a Full-Time position for Emergency Room.
- Understands rules, regulations of Franklin Medical Center. Maintains good working relationships. Complies with established policies and procedures. Cooperates with all departments to achieve goals. Keeps all information confidential. Maintains patient privacy. Acts in a professional manner. Follows dress code.
- Maintains a good attendance record and current health record. Always notifies Nursing Service if ill and cannot report to work. Knows repeated absenteeism is reason for dismissal. Gets annual physical done on anniversary hire date.
- Keeps up-to-date in field of Nursing. Attends in-service (including fire and safety), monthly staff meetings, seminars when possible. Have CPR update. Current Licensure.
- Acts as Charge Nurse. Receives reports, counts narcotics, checks crash cart, and defibrillator. Checks ER records from previous day. Logs patient admissions, fills out forms, and assures all signatures. Checks supplies and restocks 100% of time.
- Cares for ER patients. Receives patients, take pertinent history, makes nursing assessment, notifies family physician or ER physician, relates symptoms. Provides emotional support, explains procedures. Assist physician. Provides necessary equipment. Instructs patients.
- Administers medications, including IV medications and performs treatments. Gives medications and treatments according to established policies and procedures using aseptic, isolation or sterile technique. Is certified for IV therapy.
- Writes charges; discharges patients with instructions and/or prescriptions.
- Monitors patients. Observes color of skin, notes trauma, bleeding, describes; takes vital signs, notes significant symptoms. Notifies physician.
- Initiates Emergency care- Give first aid. Is certified to start IVs, administer CPR, defibrillate, and institute other emergency measures.
- Assist Director of Nursing with improving patient care in Emergency Room and with orientation of new employees. Meets with Director of Nursing frequently. Reports problems, makes suggestions for solving problems. Take pride in having a good department.
- Maintains equipment. Checks equipment for malfunctions and report to supervisor. Performs cleaning duties as necessary.
Education and Training: Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing registered and licensed to practice in the State of Louisiana. CPR updated. ACLS and PALS updated.
Work Experience: Experience desirable but not essential.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required: Ability to tolerate high levels of stress. Ability to get along with fellow employees on basis of fair and impartial treatment.
Physical Requirements: Lifting weights over 25 lbs. e.g.; moving, assisting, and/or helping lift patients of diverse weights; carrying or moving equipment. Repeated bending, squatting, or stooping. Prolonged walking and standing. Pushing and pulling movements. Visual and hearing acuity as well as cognitive function to make observations and communicate these to other staff.
OSHA EXPOSURE CATEGORY: A Has exposure to blood borne pathogens.