Dr. Jeffrey Combetta
Dr. Jeffrey Combetta is a board-certified, active medical staff member of Franklin Medical Center where he also serves as Medical Director and Hospitalist Director.
He began his practice with Winnsboro Rural Health Clinic right out of residency. He also served as an emergency room physician for his first year while running his practice. Later he turned all of his attention to his busy clinic. He resides in Monroe with his wife and two daughters.
Dr. Combetta also serves as Assistant Professor of Rural Medicine for Tulane School of Medicine in New Orleans.
Dr. Combetta is the recipient of the Louisiana Rural Health Association Practitioner of The Year 2010.
University of St. Francis Meritorious Award: Outstanding achievements and contributions to the development of higher education.
Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals’ Bureau of Primary Care and Rural Health Fourth Annual Meeting and Education for Louisiana’s Advancing Systems of Care. Recognition award
Baton Rouge General Medical Center Outstanding Volunteer Award for over 500 hours of volunteer service.
- Family Practice
- Undergraduate: Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana. (Premedical curriculum 1996)
- Graduate: Bachelor of Science Degree University of Saint Francis Joliet IL 1998
- Medical Education: American University School of Medicine Coral Gables FL. Received M.D. Degree 2006
- Internship LSU Family Medicine New Orleans 2006-2007
- Residency LSU Family Medicine New Orleans 2007-2009
Active member of:
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American Medical Association
Dr. Combetta also holds licensure from:
- Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners
- Louisiana State Board Of Pharmacy (DEA)
- American Board of Family Medicine (BE)
Publications/Presentations/Poster Sessions include:
- Louisiana Family Doctor Official Publication of the Louisiana Academy of Family Physicians, Fall 2008
- Ultra-structural Pathology, Carcinoma in Situ of the Cystic Duct, Combetta J, Gilloteaux J, TR Kelly, Publication Date: 04 / 2005, Volume: 29, Pages: 1-6 Copyright ©
- Combetta J, Gilloteaux J. Endometrial damage induced by diethylstilbestrol (DES): a model for Carcinoma in Situ and Cystadenocarcinoma growth. Virchows Archive A Springer-Verlag. Copyright ©
- IVCF Placement Through PICC Line. Copyright © Dr. Horacio D’Agostino, Dr. Jeffrey J. Combetta, LSUHSC Department of Radiology Shreveport, LA. Received Grant December 2005 from RSNA in Chicago to continue research
- Filmography: Medical consultant for Dupree Film Production Company; Project Threshold (2009)